Diet pyramid for weight gain
Okay, the obsession with weight-loss is traumatizing but many people out there are gorging up more and more food, just to add to their mass. Yeah, you have read that right, severely low-weight can also pose to be a great problem and can even interfere with the healthy growth, development, nourishment and healing of the body.
Undernourished individuals are vulnerable to various diseases and it is necessary to plan a proper diet for adding to the body weight. Unhealthy consumption especially deep-fried and junk foods would only put up harmful fats, it is better to resort to a properly-structured food pyramid to add to the mass.
MAXIMIZING CALORIE INTAKE:
It is necessary to seek out foods that would add to your bulk and nothing can beat fat, in this aspect. Calorie-rich foods would help you in weight-gaining programs. The larger amounts of calorie would surely help but overindulgence is to be abandoned as gobbling excess food can adversely affect your health.
- Dairy products like milk, cheese and butter, oils etc. would be splendid. Along with that animal fats are perfect for weight-gain especially oily fishes like tuna or red-meat.
- Nuts, peanuts, avocados, hummus, tahini, peanut butter and seeds are storehouse of healthy fat. One can munch it anytime and have it as a power snack.
- Extra drizzle of olive or canola oil can be a healthy option.
- Breads or crackers, as well as pasta can really be of much help.
- Eggs are proteinaceous as well as calorie giver and are a marvelous food option.
- Potatoes and bananas are the most delightful options while considering some more mass. Choose calorie-rich foods.
Some Other Tricks:
- Drinking water really fills us up, so try to avoid water consumption prior to meals.
- A fruit smoothie with yogurt can activate your appetite and give it a boost.
As per health guidelines a meal constituting of 55 to 60% carbohydrate, 10 to 15% protein and 25 to 30% of fat is ideal for effective weight gain. Chalk out the pyramid keeping in mind health history, age, sex and food habits to achieve the desired weight.